Pine marten caught on camera.

All of a sudden whoosh, the sun is shining, the air is warm and the spring rush commences and it’s early by a good week or two, surprises everywhere with the last 7 or 8 days having been simply gorgeous with spectacular apricot and plum blossom and spring flowers everywhere.

As usual at this time of year I find myself falling behind or more correctly that I have fallen behind with all those jobs that should have been finished by now, so just a quick update on what I've managed to capture with the Trail Camera I purchased back in November last year as mentioned HERE.

Other than a constant stream of Roe deer that is to be expected, (I can see them easily in the fields outside most days, even right up close to the house), I managed to get a short clip one night of a badger at a friends property and will go back there soon now the hunting season is over. Sadly Badgers are hunted and persecuted in France on a large scale and although my friends’ woodland is removed from hunting it’s better not to draw attention to their presence. 


)

Not very exciting but I managed to get a half decent still frame of a Hare on our land. They aren’t very common round here at present and the hunting in our region for them was suspended this season 


A bit of a surprise was to find we have a fox in residence. Again although these are perhaps not exactly rare they are extensively hunted and rarely seen around these regions.

)


Then the other night I managed to get some film and stills of Pine Martens which is great and I will definitely try to get some better quality film. This one seems to only have one eye.

)


Overall the quality of the photos and film isn't that great, I would have expected perhaps a little better given the glowing sales pitch, however the main purpose is served in seeing what is and equally important what isn't present.

Chris





Popular posts from this blog

Gendarmes are also Red and Black bugs, (Fire bugs), in France, not just Police personnel.

Deaths head hawkmoth and Great Peacock moth.

House Centipede - la Scutigére, (Scutigera coleoptrata) in France